Welcome to Peaks Island, Maine!
Peaks Island is one of over 211 islands in Casco Bay and is home to 1,000
or more year round residents. During the summer months, the population
grows several times as people flock to the island to enjoy the island
charm and beauty of Casco Bay.
Exploring the island is easy. It's a 20 minute ferry ride on Casco Bay Lines which
operates 10-13 ferry runs a day depending on the time of year. The island is
approximately 2 miles long and 1 mile wide (at it's widest point). If you keep to the
shore roads, the island can be walked easily in an hour or
biked in 15-20 minutes.
Top #10 Things to Do On Peaks Island
- Island Tour - Peaks Island Tours
- Area Sightseeing - Maine Island Kayak Company
- Museum - Umbrella Cover Museum
- Golfcarting - Mike's Carts
- Biking - Bradís Bike Rental & Repair
- Food - Lunch & drinks at Inn at Peaks
- History - 5th Maine Museum
- Art - Richard Boyd Art Gallery
- Treats - Down Front Ice Cream
- Memories - Horse Island Day Camp
If you would like us to post an
event, please email us!